AskGene.com

AskGene.com header image 2

How to fix Frigidaire oven error code F10, F11, F30, F31 etc

April 14th, 2013 · 78 Comments

In this article we will discuss most common oven error codes with ovens made by Frigidaire/Elctrolux. I will show you how to diagnose and fix them depending on the fault code.

All Electronic Oven Controls (EOC) have ability for self diagnosis. When an oven fails, usually it will stop working and show on the display an error (fault) code which corresponds to a specific problem.  Actually there are only two major parts which, if anyone of them failed, could cause most of error codes. These parts are: Electronic Oven Control (EOC) and oven temperature sensor. Frigidaire used the name RTD sensor or RTD probe, where RTD means “Resistance Temperature Detector” instead of oven temperature sensor.

If the error code shown on your oven display leads to a possible problem with oven temperature sensor, start the troubleshooting from testing the temperature sensor resistance. This part is usually located on the back wall in the upper part of the oven cavity but it can be easy tested from the EOC. Locate the two pins in the plug at the EOC that are connected to the sensor. Measure the resistance between the wires connected to these pins. The normal reading at the room temperature is supposed to be about 1100 Ohms.

If the reading is incorrect, remove the sensor from the oven and check its resistance at the sensor. If the reading at the sensor is the same as reading at the EOC plug, the sensor is defective. If the reading at the sensor is correct, the wiring between the sensor and the control is defective.

If the reading is correct, the EOC would need to be replaced.

The vast majority of oven controls, used by different manufacturers, consists of two separate parts – the electronic control board and the user interface device (keypad or touchpad). Frigidaire incorporated keypad into the electronic control board for most of the models and used just a faceplate or overlay which is adhered to electronic control board. It can be easily determined by the model number, usually located on the frame behind the bottom drawer or on the oven door frame. Use the “Search by the model number” link bellow to see if your range has a such part. If it does, I would recommend to order both of them because it’s very hard to remove faceplate and reattach it without damaging the part.

Search by the Model number.

NOTE: Before you will proceed with any tests, disconnect power for at least a minute. If fault returns when power is reconnected, continue the troubleshooting. If the oven problem is intermittent you must do the tests when the oven is malfunctioning.

Older products will show only two digits F-codes, but on ranges manufactured beginning in 2004 many of EOC’s will have expanded three digit fault codes. There are probably over 50 different error codes but in this article we will review only the most common ones.

F1 or F10 – Runaway temperature.

If these error codes shown while the oven is in day time mode, the EOC would need to be replaced. Otherwise check the oven temperature sensor (RTD sensor) as described earlier and replace if necessary.

Most of the EOCs incorporated power relays among all other components while some of ovens use a separate power relay board to simplify design and lower cost of production. You can determine it by visual EOC inspection and/or by the wiring diagram for your oven (if it is available). If there are some relays on it, replace the EOC. If there are no relays on the EOC, check the parts list (Search by the Model number) for the relay or power board. If there is a such part, replace it. I’ll be glad to help you if any problems with the diagnostic. Just leave a comment on the bottom of the page. In such situation I’ll need the complete model number of the oven.

F11 – Shorted keypad.

If fault returns after reconnecting power, replace the EOC.

F3 or F30 – Open/shorted sensor (RTD probe) connection.

Check the temperature sensor resistance as described previously. If the reading is incorrect and the wires and plugs between the sensor and the EOC are good, replace the temperature sensor (RTD probe). If the sensor and wiring are good,  the EOC would need to be replaced.

F4 or F31 – Shorted sensor (RTD probe) connection.

Check the temperature sensor resistance as described previously. If the reading is incorrect and the wires and plugs between the sensor and the EOC are good, replace the temperature sensor (RTD probe). If the sensor and wiring are good, replace the EOC.

F8, F9 or F90 – Lock motor switches improperly positioned.

Check the lock motor and the switches for continuity. If there is something wrong, replace the door lock assembly. Check the wiring between the EOC and the lock motor and switches. If the lock motor, switches and wiring are good, the EOC would need to be replaced.

Tags: Oven error codes

78 responses so far ↓

• Ron Hirtz // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:26 pm

I have the F10 error code ohm reading at the plug into the EOC is 35 m ohms the sensor its self read out right at a 1080 ohms so per your upper most diagnostic its pry the EOC but I also have separate relays. Any help would be much appreciated. Its on Frigidaire FEFL69HCA

• Gene // Nov 16, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Hello Ron.
    Thank you for your question.
    Per your description the reading at the EOC is incorrect while the sensor itself checks OK. The cause of the problem in such situation most likely is a failed wire harness between the sensor and the EOC. I would recommend to eliminate the sensor plug and splice the sensor into the wire harness using a high temperature wire nuts.

Wire nuts (pack of 10)
    AP5641944

Good luck and keep us posted.

• dave // Nov 18, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Gene. I have a frigidare oven that the oven stopped working.the broiler is stll working fine.i called an appliance tech and he told me the eoc is bad so i orderd one and installed it. Still not working but the igniter fires up now. The temp sensor is 1119 ohms never any fault codes shown on the display.any ideas on what the problem is .

• Gene // Nov 21, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Hello Dave.
    Thank you for your question.
    If the igniter glows but the gas doesn’t flow, possible the igniter itself is to weak to open the gas safety valve. You may want to check the igniter by measuring the current drawn by the igniter. You can do it using a simple and inexpensive clamp-on meter 600-CF
    If you don’t like it then just replace the oven igniter. You can use an universal flat oven igniter, made by GE. All such igniters are interchangeable. The part number is WB2X9998

Good luck and keep us posted.

• josh // Apr 10, 2014 at 4:05 pm

hello gene I have a Frigidaire PLEFMZ99GCC oven.. it started to throw a f10 code after about 15min on bake and wont stop beeping until I unplug it..ive noticed the element will stay glowing red even when the oven beeps at the 350 mark I have it set for then throws the code a few minutes later… I tested the tempature sensor and it reads 1100 at room temp, and reads the same at the plug when I unplug it from the board and test it… I was going to buy a eoc but it looks like I have a few other panels with relays etc and wanted your advice before pulling the trigger.. thanks josh

• Gene // Apr 10, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Hello Josh.
    Thank you for your question.
    By the wiring diagram for your range, both oven heating elements getting power from the EOC. Thus the solution is to replace it.
    The part number for the EOC is 316462800.
    The overlay is self adhesive. You can try to use the old one but if you damage it, the part number for the overlay is 316419700
    Good luck and keep us posted.

• Kevin Foster // Jun 6, 2014 at 6:47 am

Good day, Gene

I have a Frigidaire Electric Range
    Model #GLEF379DBK

The other night my range just started beeping all of a sudden and flashing a F10 error.

I was able to clear it by pressing the clear/off button.

Last night I tried to use the oven and it started flashing a F30 error. I read that you could try to cut the power to the range for a little while and see if the range would reset.

I did this and it didn’t work. As soon as I turn on the oven it started flashing the F30 error.

Can you tell me what could be causing this error code and what parts I’ll need to replace?

I would appreciate any you can provide!

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Gene // Jun 6, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Hello Kevin.
    Thank you for your question.
    You may want to start the troubleshooting from testing the temperature probe (sensor).
    Pull the range out of the wall and unplug it. Remove the rear control panel cover. Locate the P5 connector at the EOC and remove two violet wires from pins 12 and 13. Measure the resistance between these wires. The normal reading should be about 1100 Ohms at the room temperature.
    If the reading is incorrect, the temperature probe (sensor) would need to be replaced.
    The part number for the temperature probe is 316490000

If the reading is normal, the EOC has failed and would need to be replaced. You may need to replace the overlay as well.
    The part number for the EOC is 316557205
    The part number for the overlay is 316419303

Good luck and keep us posted.

• Frank // Nov 4, 2014 at 3:56 pm

I have an Electrolux model#EW30DF65GSB.
    It gives me the F10 error sporadically. Sometimes while the oven is on but most of the time while the oven is cooling off. Usually an hour or so after it has been shut off.
    Both probes check 1178-1179 OHMS at the probe and the board. I do have several boards. It appears I do have a separate power/relay board, EOC board and a power supply board. Do you have a suggestion as to which board is acting up?

• Gene // Nov 5, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Hello Frank,

Thank you for your question.
    If you receiving this error code while the oven is off and not heating then the solution for this problem is to replace the EOC.
    The part number for the EOC is 316576604 and you can order the part by clicking on the part number. If it would not solve the problem, you always can return the part for full refund.

Thank you for stopping by. Keep me posted.

• Martha tebbenkamp // Nov 29, 2014 at 5:54 am

Good morning,

I am writing on behalf of my 90 year old mother who has a ken more model 790 built in oven. She has had repeated problems with it stopping, locking up in the model of cooking, turning off, etc. she gets error code 11. The question I have is : does the oven control sensor store these failures ? The problem with a warranty under the lemon agreement is that the failures must be verified by a technician. When the repairman come sout, the oven may be functioning properly, so it is hard to verify this intermittent problem. Could the oven control data be used to verify these failures, maybe downloaded by a tech ?

Thank you for helping an elderly veteran with this vexing problem.

• Gene // Nov 30, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Hello Martha,

I will be more than glad to help you and your lovely mother! In order to provide most accurate advice I need the complete model number of the oven.

• George // Dec 1, 2014 at 4:55 am

Hi Gene, I posted this on 11/24/14 but somehow it was deleted.

We have an Electrolux Icon electric wall oven E30EW75GPS1 that a few times now while baking the broiler element has come on all by itself and then it beeps with an F10 error.

Can you please tell me, does this sound like a bad control board? And if so, can you please help me identify the correct part to order on your website?

Thanks for your help!

• steve // Dec 1, 2014 at 11:20 am

hi gene

i have frigidaire range that keep giving f30 & f31 errors – i managed to reset by tripping the breaker but now after about 15 mins it does the same F30 and F31 – the model is PLEFMZ99ECC can you advise parts etc to replace

thanks

steve

• Gene // Dec 1, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Hello Steve,

Unplug the range. Pull it out of the wall and remove the control panel rear cover. Locate the temperature sensor (RTD) plug on the control board (EOC). Carefully pull it out and, using an Ohmmeter, check the resistance between the sensor wires. It suppose to be about 1100 Ohms. If the reading is incorrect check the sensor wire harness and repeat the continuity test at the RTD bottom plug. If the reading is still incorrect, the RTD would need to be replaced. Otherwise the EOC is the culprit and would need to be replaced.

The RTD part number is 316490001

The EOC part number is 316418704

Keep me posted.

• steve // Dec 2, 2014 at 11:44 am

hi gene

PLEFMZ99ECC used to get f30 but now getting F7 12 and the front element wont turn off – any ideas ?

• Gene // Dec 2, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Hello Steve,

Sorry to hear you have more problems with your range.
    This error code indicates a failed potentiometer for LF burner, a user interface board or the harness between the mother board and the user interface boards.
    Start the troubleshooting from verifying the resistance value of the potentiometer. There are two different potentiometers with the ESEC control system. The one in question is black colored. Prior to testing make sure that the shaft is set to the off position, disconnect the wire harness and use an ohmmeter to measure the resistance between pins 1 & 2 on the potentiometer. The black potentiometer should have a resistance of 10KΩ. If the reading is correct, test operation of the potentiometer by measuring the resistance between pin terminal G (center) and either of the outside pin terminals as the control shaft is being rotated slowly. There should be a steady increase or decrease in the measured resistance as the shaft is turned.

If the potentiometer failed any of the tests, it would need to be replaced. Otherwise if the wire harnesses are good, the user interface board would need to be replaced.

The part number for the potentiometer is 316239605

The part number for the UIB is 316426400

Good luck.

• Gene // Dec 2, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Hello George,

Sorry for the delay.
    Very likely the problem is a faulty relay board. It is located behind the control panel. Do not forget to turn off the oven circuit breaker prior to any disassembly.

The part number for the relay board is 316443925

Thank you for stopping by.
    Good luck.

• Jim // Dec 8, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Hi Gene.
    I have a Frigidaire Mod. #FGF337ABJ It’s throwing the F10. I checked the sensor and it’s 1102. When I check the EOC it give a random number and goes back to OL on the tester. I have a used stove of the same kind just different color. When I test those two part on it I get the same results. Is it me or do I have two bad EOC’s?

• Valerie // Dec 17, 2014 at 8:27 am

Hello Gene!
    I ran the self clean on my electrolux and within 2 weeks of using my oven again, I had the F10 runaway temperature alarm. It was 1 hr into baking and the temperature did runaway, everything was black. I was able to use it a couple times after but the cooking times varied between a little slow and A LOT slow. I then received a 2nd f10 error and this time because I was only running my oven when I could babysit it, I want to say that my oven decided to go into broil mode because it happened quickly (<2 mins) and in both instances with the f10 error my pans were only ever charred on the top, never on the bottom.

I was reading your site and trouble shooting. We pulled out the oven temperature sensor. It measured 1050 ohms, we then tested it back at the EOC, same reading. So we took out every heating element, inspected and tested them and we had continuity. So we were back to blaming the EOC. Especially since the EOC had failed once before on warranty (it completely burned out and wouldn't work at all) and the repair tech told me that self clean was likely to blame with the self clean heat being horrible for electronics.

Our other reason for blaming the EOC was the loss off other functions on the oven. The rapid preheat would report that the oven was heated but if you cancelled that and initiated any other regular (without rapid preheat) heating mode (convection, roast, bake) they would all say the oven was 150 degrees behind what the rapid preheat gave. I bought laser thermometer for the oven and it would verify the lower temperature. Also, it currently takes my oven at least 45 mins to heat up. This is why we were back to thinking that the electronics weren't working.

We bit the bullet and bought the EOC, I installed it….and have had no change in operation :(. Please help!

Valerie

• Gene // Dec 18, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Hello Jim,

Sorry for the delay. I was out of town.
    This error code means that EOC thinks a runaway condition exists. Per your description the temperature sensor checks OK. You can not check the EOC instrumentally. So the only solution is to replace the EOC.

The part number for the EOC 316455410

Thank you for your question. Keep me posted.
    Good luck.

• George // Dec 19, 2014 at 10:54 am

Hi Gene, thanks for the reply! In regards to my Electrolux Icon electric wall oven E30EW75GPS1

In addition to the broiler coming on all by itself and this overheating the oven, we also noticed sometimes during baking the temp. creeps up about 20-50 degrees over the setpoint; but the display still shows the correct temp.

With this info. do you still suspect the relay board 316443925 ?

Thanks, please let me know and I’ll place an order.

Happy holidays!

• Gene // Dec 19, 2014 at 11:35 am

Hi George,

I believe the relay board will solve the problem. If you would order the part from AppliancePartsPros.com by clocking on the part number I posted, you have nothing to loose. If it would not fix the problem you have up to 365 days to return the part for full refund.

Happy holidays to you and your loved one as well!
    Gene.
    P.S. Just curious how did you note the difference in temperature?

• Gene // Dec 19, 2014 at 11:42 am

Hello Valerie,

Sad story. Possible you missed something in diagnostic. In order to provide most accurate advice I need the complete model number of the oven and the part number of the EOC you installed.

• Valerie // Dec 19, 2014 at 11:49 am

Hi Gene,
    The model number for the range is CEW30EF6GSC. The EOC that we ordered was 316576600.
    Thank you in advance!
    Valerie

• Gene // Dec 19, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Valerie,

Looks like the problem is a faulty oven relay board. You may want to replace it as well.

The part number for the oven relay board 316443920

You can order the part by clicking on the part number.

If in spite of everything it would not fix the problem, you can return it to AppliancePartsPros.com within 365 days.

Good luck and Happy Holidays.

• Gene // Dec 19, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Hi George,

You are welcome and thank you for the feedback.

Good luck.

• darlene // Dec 19, 2014 at 7:03 pm

The frigidaire stove my son has has a f10 code. I have heard a few times what sounded like it shorting out from the control knobs on the right side. I dont know model number but do think the stove could have shorted out and it ave a f10 code

• Gene // Dec 19, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Hello Darlene,

The complete model number is very important for proper diagnostic and accurate advice. You can find it on the range frame behind the bottom drawer.

• James // Dec 21, 2014 at 11:14 am

hi Gene i have a frigidaire stove that is showing an f11 code. the stove was not in use at the time and it just started beeping and showing code. how do i fix this i havn’t even had the stove for a year. Model number is FFEF3011LWD

• Gene // Dec 21, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Hello James,

Unplug the range or turn off the range circuit breaker for a few minutes and reapply power. If the error code returns, the EOC would need to be replaced.

The EOC part number 316455400

Happy holidays!

Keep me posted.

• Gene // Dec 22, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Hi George,

Yes, you were right. The relay board is located behind the oven rear
    panel what means you do have to pull the oven of the cabinet. As soon as
    you remove the rear panel the board should be visible. Do not forget to
    remove the power from the oven prior to repair.

• George // Dec 22, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Hi Gene, thanks I really appreciate your time. Also, just a side note I have purchased various parts from appliancepartspros.com over the years and have always been very happy, top notch business.

Thanks again and merry Christmas!

George

• Len // Dec 23, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Hi Gene: I have a Frigidaire Gallery -Self Cleaning Convection Oven (electric) model#DFEF385JHS2.
    My wife was doing some Xmas baking and set oven to 350 and about 10 minutes into the baking the oven started beeping and the F8 code came up. She hit oven cancel and it went off but then started beeping again and the same code appeared. She noticed the oven was cooking very hot. I had noticed the same thing earlier in the day while baking chicken but no code came up at that time. Any ideas what is wrong? Thanks…(.Not a good time for an oven to not work as gotten cook the Christmas bird on Thursday. LOL)

• Gene // Dec 24, 2014 at 12:11 am

Hello Len,

This error code means the microprocessor has found the lock motor switches to be out of sequence or shorted. The cause of the problem can be a failed lock motor switches or a failed EOC. Unfortunately both parts have been discontinued and are no longer available. The good part of this sad news is that you got nice opportunity for a good New Year (or may be it’s not too late for Christmas?!) present to your wife – a new range!

Happy holidays!

• Craig // Dec 24, 2014 at 6:30 am

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the information on this site. Our oven flashed F10 and went into runaway temps. With the diagnostics above, I was able to pretty quickly determine that the EOC was bad. Replaced it and was back in business.

My wife is suspicious of the temperature, however. Is there a way to calibrate the EOC?

Thanks again.

• Gene // Dec 24, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Hello Craig,

It is not difficult to do it but, for more accurate advice I need the complete model number of the oven.

Thank you for your good words.
    Happy holidays!

• Ken // Dec 24, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Gene,
    Merry Christmas. We just had a something similar to what happened to Len yesterday. My wife was baking cookies at 350 and the stove tripped the breaker. I checked and reset the breaker only to have the oven (316233850) alarmed and locked the door like it was going into the clean. I was able to clear the lock and the oven gave an F1 code. I checked the sensor and and it checked at 1100.

• Gene // Dec 24, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Hi Ken,

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you as well!

Thank you for your question.

In order to provide most accurate advice I need the complete model number of the range. The part number you posted is for the panel which has nothing to do with this problem.

• Ken // Dec 25, 2014 at 7:12 am

Hello Gene,
    Thank you for GLEFS77CSC is the model number I was able to clear the lock and the oven gave an F1 code. I checked the sensor and and it checked at 1100. The oven keeps beeping top range is working.

Ken

• Rick // Dec 25, 2014 at 7:23 am

I have a Frigidaire model #GLEB30T9DBA double wall oven. I get a f10 error code only on the top oven. The lower oven has no issues. Would the most likely problem be the temp. sensor???

• Gene // Dec 26, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Hello Ken,

Looks like the cause of the problem is a faulty EOC. It would need to be replaced.

The EOC part number 316207529

Happy New year!
    Good luck.

• Gene // Dec 26, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Hello Rick,

This problem can be caused by a faulty temperature sensor as well as a faulty relay board.

Remove the power from the oven and pull the oven out of the cabinet. Remove the rear panel and locate the relay board. Check the upper oven temperature sensor by measuring resistance between two wires connected to the pin 9 and 10 at the plug P27. The normal reading should be about 1100 Ohms at room temperature. If the reading is incorrect, the temperature sensor would need to be replaced. Otherwise the relay board is the culprit.

The temperature sensor part number 316217002

The relay board part number 316429800

This part is on back order. In order to determine ETA you may want to click on the following link to chat with a representative. AppliancePartsPros.com

Happy New year!
    Keep me posted.

• Ken // Dec 28, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Hello Gene, Thank you for the info.. Is there a way to silence the alarm so we can still use the range?

• Gene // Dec 28, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Hello Ken,

The only way you can do it is to disconnect the EOC. Unplug the range and remove the rear panel. Unplug from the EOC the black wire connected to the L1 terminal and insulate it using an electric insulation tape. Assemble it back and reapply power to the range. The display should be blank.

• Ken // Dec 29, 2014 at 9:59 am

Hello Gene,

Thank you, you always answer quickly. I placed my order for the needed EOC today. I decided just to keep the range unplugged until the new EOC is installed.

Ken

• George // Dec 29, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Hi Gene, hope you had a nice Christmas. I just wanted to let you know, the relay board did indeed solve the issue. In fact the old one had black marks on it you could tell it was bad.

Thanks again and happy New Year!

George

• sharon // Jan 1, 2015 at 10:09 pm

i have a frigidaire model fgef301dnb. I got the code f11 and it won’t stop beeping. I pressed the cancel button, but the error comes back. Everything works fine.

• Jacqui // Jan 3, 2015 at 3:06 am

Ok so with your website I’ve figured out what is wrong with my stove…it won’t stop beeping and my problem is won’t be able to do anything about my error until Monday morning. Is it safe to leave appliance unplugged for a few days.

Thanks so much
    Jacqui

• Eric Johnson // Jan 3, 2015 at 7:30 pm

I have a Frigidaire FPES3085KFC that started throwing F30 during a self-cleaning cycle. After several power-cycles with the same error, I came to your page. It does indeed appear to be the Temperature Probe as the plastic wire harness connector is melted. I checked the resistance on the probe’s bare wires and it reads 1099 ohms. The oven throws F30 regardless of whether the probe is attached. The wiring harness resistance indicates no connectivity (the purple wires coming from the EOC). I’m thinking that replacing the wiring harness might be warranted, but it looks like a chore to access the rest of it, and I don’t see a part number for it anyway. Do you have a suggestion? For now, I guess I’ll remove all remnant melted plastic from the connectors to rule out a short inside that molten mess.

• Gene // Jan 3, 2015 at 7:48 pm

Hello Sharon,

Sorry for the delay.

This error code means it was detected a shorted key on the keypad. In this range there are no a separate keypad. Thus the solution is to replace the timer which comes together with the overlay.

The timer part number is 318566047

You can order the part by clicking on the part number.

Thank you for stopping by. Keep me posted please.

• Gene // Jan 4, 2015 at 11:59 am

Hello Jacqui,

My answer is Yes. Actually it is always the safest way.

• Gene // Jan 4, 2015 at 1:07 pm

Hello Eric,

If the problem just melted wire harness connector and the temperature probe tests out OK then the easiest solution is to eliminate this melted plug and connect the wires using a high temperature porcelain wire nuts. You can get them in a hard ware store or order from AppliancePartsPros.com by clicking on the following part number.

The porcelain wire nuts part number is AP5641944

Good luck.

• Eric Johnson // Jan 4, 2015 at 1:10 pm

You can disregard my question, thanks to your troubleshooting steps on this page, I managed to isolate the problem and repair my shorted temperature probe without replacing any parts. I just cleaned up the melted connector, taped it, and repositioned it outside of the insulation where it won’t get so hot in the future. Thanks again!

Eric

• Ehsan Rehman // Jan 10, 2015 at 6:00 pm

Hello Gene,

We have a Frigidaire Oven, model # FGFLZ87GCA. It is giving F11 error.
    Starts beeping then stops and starts again after a while. The burners work fine, oven cannot be used. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks, Ehsan.

• jeff // Jan 12, 2015 at 3:11 am

My range is showing me a code F90 and the oven won’t come on Model lggf3042kf

• Gene // Jan 12, 2015 at 11:11 pm

Hello Ehsan,

F11 error code means a shorted key in the keypad. There is no a separate keypad in your range. Thus, the solution is to replace the EOC.

The EOC part number is 316418708

You can order it by clicking on the part number.

Thank you.

• Gene // Jan 12, 2015 at 11:19 pm

Hello Jeff,

Looks like there is a problem with the door latch motor when the door has to be unlatched. Did the motor run or not?
    Also the model number you posted is incomplete. There suppose to be one more letter. Please verify the model number and repost it.

• kimberly // Feb 26, 2015 at 6:22 pm

Hi I have a frigidaire gas oven model LFGF3014LBC and have been getting f10 error for a while and now just started getting and f30 error as well what needs to be fixed and can I do this myself?

• Gene // Feb 26, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Hello Kimberly,
    Thank you for your question.
    If you got both error codes while the oven was in day time mode, the correction is to replace the EOC. You may want to replace it together with the overlay. This job is pretty easy if you know how to handle a simple tools.

The part number for the EOC is 316455410
    The part number for the overlay is 316220725

You can view and order them by clicking on the part numbers.

Keep me posted. Good luck.

• Frank // Feb 27, 2015 at 5:51 pm

Hi Gene,

You helped me back in November with a F10 error. I replaced the EOC and it has been fine for about 3 months and now is doing it again. I have an Electrolux model#EW30DF65GSB. It gives me the F10 error sporadically. Usually a few hours or so after it has been shut off.
    Could the EOC be bad again or is there something else I should look at?

• sergio // Mar 1, 2015 at 6:28 pm

I keep getting a code f10 i replaced the eco on my oven.part 316455410 about three months.the problem was fix .now I have the same problem aging can someone tell me if I should replace it aging. Or why this part keeps damaging. .thank you

• Glen Thompson // Mar 2, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Hi Gene, my electric Frigidaire oven, Model CFEF3018LME, is throwing an F10 code intermittently. Once I cut power and reset it it seems to work, till it repeats. I decided to pull off the rear cover and take a peak and found a portion of the Oven Control Board was burnt/charred. My question is this, would that be the main culprit? Or do you think there may be more to the problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Gene // Mar 7, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Hello Glen.
    Sorry for the delay.
    I don’t think anything else but EOC is the main culprit. No doubt about it and a new one would fix the problem. Also, if it would not and you ordered the part from AppliancePArtsPros.com, you can return it within 365 days.

The part number for EOC is 316557115

You may want to replace the overlay as well because the old one can be easy damaged.

The part number for the overlay is 316419141

You can order them by clicking on the part numbers.

Good luck. Keep me posted please.

• Gene // Mar 7, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Hello Sergio.
    Sorry for the delay.
    In order to provide most accurate advise I need the complete model number of the oven.
    Where did you get the EOC you replaced recently?

• Gene // Mar 7, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Hello Frank.
    Sorry for the delay.
    Sounds like the EOC has gone bad again. Sad news. But if you bought it from AppliancePartsPros.com then you can easy return the part for warranty exchange. Just call their customer service.

Good luck. Please keep me posted.

• Frank // Mar 10, 2015 at 7:45 am

Gene, Thank you for the advice. When I replace the EOC again do you think I need to be concerned with the Molex connectors for the temp probes on both ovens? I have seen many articles online about those connectors not being very good. What are your thoughts?

• Richard // Mar 10, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Gene, you mentioned “day time mode” under your error code p10 description. Could you please explain what this is. Thanks

Rich

• Robert Wilson // Mar 11, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Hi Gene,
    i have a frigidaire stove model cfef366emh , it has given me an error f11 , i did disconnect the power for a few minutes and plugged it back got the same error and now i also get another code f90 after a minute . Do i have just 1 problem or 2 problems, i am not sure what i need to order.
    Any help would be great, thank you.

• Rachel // Mar 14, 2015 at 8:14 am

Hello,

My range is showing F10 error code since this morning. I have a Frigidaire model FFGF3047LSF. Should I replace the EOC? or Is it something else that’s causing this problem?

Thank you!

• Gene // Mar 15, 2015 at 6:56 pm

Hello Rachel,

Thank you for your question.
    If this error code has been shown while the oven was not cooking then the EOC would need to be replaced.

The part number for the EOC is 316455410

Good luck.

• Gene // Mar 15, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Hello Robert,

Sorry for the delay.

Most likely there is only one problem caused by the faulty EOC, but there is a very small chance for the latch motor to fail as well.
    To save time you may want to order both parts together. If you order them from AppliancePartsPros.com, you can return unneeded part later with full refund.

The part number for the EOC is 316557115

The part number for the latch motor assembly is 316464300

Good luck.

• Gene // Mar 15, 2015 at 7:17 pm

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your question.

“Day time mode” means the oven is off and the clock shows only time of the day.

• Gene // Mar 15, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Hello Frank,

I do not think this is common with Frigidaire ovens. It happens very often with GE products. But it would not hurt if you will eliminate those plugs and splice the wires using a high temperature porcelain wire nuts.

• Billy // Mar 17, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Hello Gene, I have a Frigidaire electric oven. model #GLEF378ABC. Oven temp started to climb and would not shut off. Had a F10 error code. replaced EOC. Now the convection fan stays on and it throws a F30 error code. Replaced temp probe and same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Crystal // Mar 17, 2015 at 7:45 pm

Hello,

I have a Frigidaire Model#FGF337ABJ. Is there a way to calibrate it?

• Gene // Mar 17, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Hello Billy,

Thank you for your question.

When did you replace the EOC? What is the part number of the new EOC and where did you get from? Sounds like the EOC is the culprit.

• Gene // Mar 18, 2015 at 12:17 am

Hello Crystal,

Thank you for your question.

What is wrong with the oven temperature and what is the difference between the set and actual temperatures?